About The Japan Social Impact Investment Foundation (SIIF)
SIIF aims to catalyze a new capital flow model that transcends existing boundaries between private, public, and civil sectors.
SIIF seeks to nurture a social impact investment ecosystem that will support Japan’s sustainable development, making it a global forerunner in shouldering social issues unique to developed economies.
Hub / Network
Establish and promote effective, performance based public-private partnerships such as Social Impact Bonds (SIB). To achieve this intended purpose, SIIF leads the development of Pay for Success projects and provides appropriate funding through investments, loans, and guarantees. In addition, the Foundation provides both financial and non-financial support to other intermediaries that work to develop effective public-private partnership schemes.
Increase the number of domestic social impact investors and total volume of distributed impact capital. To achieve this intended purpose, SIIF seeks to stimulate other fund providers by supplying its own risk capital through investments, loans, and guarantees. In addition, the Foundation contributes knowledge, experience, and human resources – both directly and indirectly – toward the development and structuring of key schemes aimed to increase supply of impact capital.
Advocate the establishment of policies that promote social impact by investing in collaboration with key partners and industry players. To achieve this intended purpose, SIIF produces influential thought leadership, engages in research, promotes knowledge sharing, and builds community consensus.
General Affairs Division
- Sets basic policies, does business planning and budgeting related to SIIF’s operations, carries out the Board of Directors’ administrative, accounting and financial work.
Project Planning and Implementation Division
- Implements social impact investment and creates models for it beginning with social impact bonds (SIBs), carries out research and makes policy recommendations.
Public Relations Division
- Disseminates information on social impact investment to raise its public profile through website management and all kinds of publicity activities.
- SIIF : Japan Social Impact Investment Foundation
- The Nippon Zaidan Building 5F, 1-2-2 Akasaka, Minato-ku Tokyo 107-8404, Japan [ Google Map ]
- TEL : +81-3-6229-2622 FAX : +81-3-6229-2621