Japan Social Innovation and Investment Foundation ( Social Innovation and Investment Foundation )
By leveraging our unique perspective as a foundation, we can create an action aiming to help build the base for a society in which the resolution of social problems and the creation of value take place autonomously and sustainably.
Working with companies, local governments, NPOs, and educational institutions, research and other organizations, we propose and execute numerous plans and provide assistance aimed at realizing an ecosystem for social and economic resources that transcends the conventional frameworks of self-help, public help and mutual help.
Five strategic themes for accomplishing our mission
- Three-dimensional investment structures experiencing global growth Impact investing
- “Impact investing” aims to generate simultaneous social and economic impacts alongside financial returns. The objective of SIIF is to create project models in Japan and to expand the market.
- Presenting new benchmarks for measuring value Social impact measurement/management
- Measurements designed to grasp the qualitative & quantitative social impact generated by projects and activities, and social impact management for the continuation of activities that utilize these measurements to enhance social impacts. We are working on the practice of both in Japan, as well as on knowledge development.
Paradigm shift in the public sector
PFS (pay-for-success) contracts
Social impact bonds (SIB)
- Contributes to building reform mechanisms for more results-oriented public services, such as by using contracts in which payments are proportional to successful social outcomes (PFS), and methods for sourcing funding from investors on such occasions (SIB).
- Paradigm shift in the public sector PFS (pay-for-success) contracts
- A new economy supported by the exchange of value other than money Alternatives
- We are working to build mechanisms and project models to express the value in social, natural, cultural, human, and emotional capital in a way that would be difficult using an economic capitalist approach.
- Intentional funding drives innovation Progressive philanthropy
- We will provide backing for philanthropic activities that generate sustainable social impacts, so as to enable the transformative effects of individual donations and charitable activities by private-sector foundations.
- Press releasesPublished a research report on pay-for-success contracting (PFS)/social impact bonds (SIBs)
- Press releasesInvestment in CaiTech inc. by the Hataraku FUND (Japan Impact Investment No. 2 Fund)
- Press releasesSIIF to start public call for implementing Bodies Based on Act on Utilization of Funds Related to Dormant Deposits for FY2021
- Press releasesPublished a research report on performance-based contracting (PFS)/social impact bonds (SIBs)
- Press releasesPublication of the ‘The Current State and Challenges of Impact Investing in Japan: FY2021 Survey’
SIIF cooperates with organizations that are involved in the global promotion of impact investing and social impact measurement/management, and in addition to communicating the latest trends in Japan, it works to disseminate leading cases and knowledge from overseas within Japan.