PartnershipsSIIF cooperates with organizations that are involved in the global promotion of impact investing and impact measurement/management,
and in addition to communicating the latest trends in Japan, it works to disseminate leading cases and knowledge from overseas within Japan.
- GSG (The Global Steering Group for Impact Investment) An international organization established for the purpose of promoting impact investment globally in response to an appeal in June 2013 by Prime Minister David Cameron of the United Kingdom, which held the presidency of the G8 at the time.
- GIIN (The Global Impact Investing Network) A networking organization for investors that was established in 2009 by a group of investors centered on The Rockefeller Foundation for the purpose of popularizing impact investing. Conducts research and advocacy related to impact investing and contributes to the formation of the impact investing community.
- IMP (Impact Management Project) An international initiative established in 2018 to promote impact management for business and investment. Supports the practice of impact management and the development of related know-how.
- AVPN (Asian Venture Philanthropy Network) An international not-for-profit organization established in Singapore in 2012, with a membership consisting of over 600 organizations and companies associated with impact investing and strategic philanthropy, drawn from 34 countries around the world.
- The Nippon Foundation As a hub for “social innovation,” the Foundation aims to create a better society by providing support to children, those with disabilities, and those recovering from natural disasters. Its goal is to connect people and organizations to create a society in which everybody supports everybody else. The projects of the SIIF are implemented with the assistance of subsidies from The Nippon Foundation.
- GSG Japan National Advisory Board In addition to raising the level of recognition and momentum for impact investing in Japan, the mission of this organization is to draft and execute the concrete policies needed for the promotion of impact investing. As the secretariat of the GSG Japan National Advisory Board, the SIIF works to raise the level of recognition, popularization and interest towards impact investing.
- SIMI: Impact Management Initiative The Impact Management Initiative (SIMI) is a collaborative effort of diverse stakeholders in Japan, including nonprofits and businesses, funders and funding intermediaries, government agencies, intermediary support organizations and think tanks, evaluators and researchers. Through this multi-sector initiative, SIMI promotes impact management throughout Japan. As of January 2021 about 160 member organizations and individuals made up SIMI. SIMI was established in 2016 to promote impact measurement in Japan.
- Japan Venture Philanthropy Fund The Japan Venture Philanthropy Fund (JVPF) supports organizations involved in social projects by providing funds and assistance with expenses, and is the first full-fledged venture philanthropy (VP) fund in Japan established to expand the application of impact approaches. The SIIF provides support for the operation of the fund in partnership with the joint founders of the JVPF, Social Investment Partners and The Nippon Foundation.
- Japan Association of New Public The Japan Association of New Public aims to resolve various social problems and create a new society not by rejecting and criticizing society as it exists today, but by leveraging “collective impact” that transcends different sectors and values, and working as a federation of social corporations and NPOs in partnership with governments, companies and citizens, etc. The SIIF works on a variety of projects with member organizations such as social corporations.
- Tama University Center for Social Investment In order to accelerate social finance in Japan for resolving social problems, as is the case in the developed countries of Europe and North America, the Center aims to be a specialist think tank that systematically investigates advanced initiatives both in Japan and overseas, advocates policies and promotes activities that popularize and educate social finance. SIIF Vice-chair of the Executive Committee Mitsuaki Aoyagi and Member of the Executive Committee Nanako Kudo are guest research members, and participate in research related to social investment.
- Japan Network for Public Interest Activities (JANPIA) JANPIA was established as a designated utilization organization under the “Act on Utilization of Funds Related to Dormant Deposits to Promote Public Interest Activities by the Private Sector” (Dormant Deposits Utilization Act). SIIF was selected as an organization distributing funds under the Act, and promotes projects to support the growth of social businesses for revitalizing regions.
- Japan Sustainable Investment Forum(JSIF) JSIF is active in promoting and developing sustainable investment (Socially Responsible Investment =SRI, ESG investment, etc.) in Japan, which is active in the U.S. and Europe, and provides a forum for interactive exchange of opinions and research. As a corporate member, SIIF is learning about the current status of sustainable investment and participating in discussions for the further development of sustainable investment.
- The Japan Association of Charitable Organization (JACO) JACO is an organization that promotes and supports autonomous and creative public interest activities by organizations that engage in public interest activities, thereby contributing to the enhancement and development of the role of the nonprofit sector in society. SIIF aims to educate the public about the current state of public benefit corporations and to raise awareness of the impact they can make.
- Impact Startup Association The association has set “solving social issues as the engine of growth and aims to realize a sustainable society” as its purpose, and conducts activities with four pillars: sharing, shaping, advocating, and disseminating. As an endorsing member of the association, SIIF is working to create a social ecosystem centered on impact in collaboration and partnership with the association.