Five strategic themes for accomplishing our mission
- Three-dimensional investment structures experiencing global growth Impact investing
- “Impact investing” aims to generate simultaneous social and economic impacts alongside financial returns. The objective of SIIF is to create project models in Japan and to expand the market.
- Presenting new benchmarks for measuring value Impact measurement/management
- Measurements designed to grasp the qualitative & quantitative impact generated by projects and activities, and impact management for the continuation of activities that utilize these measurements to enhance impacts. We are working on the practice of both in Japan, as well as on knowledge development.
- Paradigm shift in the public sector PFS (pay-for-success) contracts / Impact bonds (SIB)
- Contributes to building reform mechanisms for more results-oriented public services, such as by using contracts in which payments are proportional to successful social outcomes (PFS), and methods for sourcing funding from investors on such occasions (SIB).
- A new economy supported by the exchange of value other than money Alternatives
- We are working to build mechanisms and project models to express the value in social, natural, cultural, human, and emotional capital in a way that would be difficult using an economic capitalist approach.
- Intentional funding drives innovation Progressive philanthropy
- We will provide backing for philanthropic activities that generate sustainable impacts, so as to enable the transformative effects of individual donations and charitable activities by private-sector foundations.