Intentional funding drives innovationProgressive philanthropy Focus areas
Overview of activities
“Progressive philanthropy” goes beyond traditional philanthropic approaches (activities to improve society) in which the emphasis is on donations and subsidies, and seeks to resolve social problems by adopting techniques from impact investing, such as diverse approaches to providing funds, including investments, and making results visible. By committing funds to support the building of prototypes for businesses that have no precedent, we aim to have a substantial impact on society.
What is progressive philanthropy?
• Provides risk capital
• Performs pump-priming role for other providers of funds
• Provides flexible funding ranging from donations to investments, as required
• Plans and executes strategic philanthropy
• Holistic awareness of social systems rather than individual issues
• Aims to make recipients of support sustainable